Wednesday, October 31, 2012

"Off to Never-Never Land"

Team Carey, the "Weekend Warriors," took off to good ole New Orleans last weekend to see Metallica play at the Voodoo Rock Fest in City Park, New Orleans. Now, 8 hours is a long way to drive for a band, but Metallica is one of Dylan's all time favorite bands. Plus, they are getting ready to tour out of country for a year, so it just seemed ridiculous to pass up this chance.

The 3 of us headed out Friday, arriving in New Orleans Saturday morning. Goobz travels very well in the car, hotel, etc. He likes to either sit curled up in my lap or on top of the console. He watches the road just like Dylan.. too cute!


Spent Saturday morning playing in City Park with Goobz

Voodoo Fest 2012: Saw the bands Revivalists (good), AWOLNATION (good), Seven Suns Pick Up (lame) and Metallica (brought down the house!!)

Lead singer James Hetfield

This was my first hard rock/metal concert. It was an experience!!! I loved the intensity of the band. I was blown away by the serious musical talent these men have on their instruments and vocals. I was impressed by the fact these men can still rock for 2 hours at the age of 50 or older. The music which Dylan plays all the time and I have listened to for the past 7 years now meant so much more to hear it live. I have never heard music that loud though, and did feel as if I would not hear again for a few days. The bass was ridiculous.. I could feel it all the way into my bones.

My one negative comment about this whole experience is the "habits" and "indulgences" people choose to imbibe and inhale in while at a concert. These things make you drunk, high and STUPID. Seriously never seen so many stupid people in one place at one time in my entire life. That, I can sooo live without experiencing for a very long time.

 Bada** drummer Lars Ulrich

Lead guitarist Kirk Hammett



1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I love techno and dance music, but the venues and crowds that attend such events engage in activities that it, shall I say...less then desirable. Which is why, after college, I am going to open "The Gardens", San Antonio's Number 1 Christian Dance Club!!!

    ReplyDelete