Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Boogie Wonderland

We attended a wedding this past weekend for two very dear friends from dental school, and hands down! They had the best reception band... ever! Yay Drs. Brian and Meredith Hill!!! Now, I realize I have not been to that many weddings.. I am just a young, spry 27 year old after all; however, Dylan and I have attended quite a few over the past 4 years with everyone at dental school and from college finding that special someone and getting married around our area of Texas. 

So anywho, this band... was amazing! They played for hours... major plus in my book and they had a full out band, with brass, guitars, sax, keyboard, drums, back up girl singers etc. And they played some seriously rockin' music!! From all genres.. all decades... girls and guys.. you get the picture! I was in heaven because one of my absolute, very favorite things to do is dance to good music. :) I am lucky enough to have a husband who indulges me and stays out on the dance floor with me as long as I ask... which is until the band stops playing. Hehe! :) I am a total sweaty mess by the time we are finished, which is always awkward because I am in a nice dress for a wedding, and my feet hurt like nobody's business because I have been dancing in heels, but I am seriously one of the happiest people on the planet regardless. :) 

This weekend was no exception, which brings me to: Disco Summer Mix. The band played a ton of Disco, which was quite appropriate with all of the brass and sax. Plus, Disco is made for dancing!! Disco music seriously compels you to dance!! 



Now, I generally don't listen to Disco unless it is played at some kind of event. I don't dislike the music at all! I just think Disco is something you cannot always listen to. It has an appropriate time and place, unless of course you grew up in the 70s. If that is the case, I'm sure you are disagreeing with me right now and that is totally fine!!! :) I get it! I will forever think BSB and NSYNC are acceptable, no matter my age, but I am a product of the 90s boy bands. 

So back to the purpose of the blog, I stumbled onto a Disco mix I had made... goodness knows how long ago. Honestly people, it is a wonder I keep up with all of my music and playlists!! Hehe! Those of you who really know me are shaking your heads and laughing right now.. I know! :) My mix is a little over an hour, which is typical for either a workout mix or a burned CD mix. I listened to it as I worked out on Monday and found it seriously energizing!! It pumped me up! I was spinning faster, harder and longer on that bike as I belted out Disco tunes! Plus! It is summer! And who does not like Disco in the summer when everyone is supposed to be out having fun, enjoying the pool and the weather and yummy summer foods!! And I mean everyone!! Not just us fortunate few who get summers off! Hehehe!! :) 

So I want to share my playlist because everyone needs to let loose and get a new burst of energy for your workout! 

1. Y.M.C.A. - Village People
2. Grease Lightening - Bee Gees/ GREASE
3. Bad Girls - Donna Summer
4. Shake your body - Jackson 5
5. Celebration - Kool and the Gang
6. Funky Town - Lipps Inc
7. Does your Mother Know - ABBA/ MAMMA MIA
8. I will survive - Gloria Gaynor
9. Shake your groove thing - Peaches and Herb
10. Flashdance - Irene Cara 
11. Waterloo - ABBA/MAMMA MIA
12. Brick House - Commodores
13. Ladies Night - Kool and the Gang
14. 5th of Beethoven - Walter Murphy
15. ABBA Medly - ABBA
16. Don't stop till you get enough - Michael Jackson
17. Machine Gun - Commodores
18. Hot Stuff - Donna Summer
19. She works hard for the money - Donna Summer
20. Boogie Wonderland - Earth, Wind and Fire
21. Boogie Shoes - KC and Sunshine Band
22. Stayin Alive- Bee Gees
23. Do a lil dance, get down tonight - KC and Sunshine Band

Now, I'm sure I am missing some classics. I apologize if there is a song on there you love and I don't have it. Just add it to yours!!! Everyone needs to take an hour to just jam out!! Put the music on as you clean the house, specially if you are like me and find cleaning tedious. It changes the whole routine! Put the music on when you are out at the pool. Put the music on as you drive home from work, singing your heart out to Donna Summer "She words hard for the money! So hard for it honey! She works hard for the money so you better treat her right!!" (Sadly, she is talking bout a different kind of "working girl" but it's all good!!!) :) Put the music on when you have buddies over. Put the music on as you and your hubby sit on the porch and enjoy the evening. Put the music on when no one is home and dance around like a crazy woman, singing at the top of your lungs... oh wait! Do other people not do this?! (Rach, Jo, Kristen and Abby- you know!) Well.... you should! :) 

Happy Wednesday and "Shake your Groove Thang!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment