Monday, January 6, 2014

American Hustle

I loved many things about this movie...

1. All-star cast... that's everyone. Not just the Big 4
2. Christian Bale's hair... belly... accent... overall persona
3. Bradley Cooper's hair... loving the hot pink squishy rollers!!! (Brought back memories of my mother rolling my long, wet hair in those rollers when I was in elementary school)
4. Jennifer Lawrence cleaning house and dancing to "Live and let Die." My favorite scene in the movie!
5. The clothes...sets... ambiance.

But my favorite thing was the Music. Oh! So much goodness going on there! Could feel myself riding around in the car with my dad all over again... listening to his Oldies and Classic Rock stations, playing the game of "I'll give you 5 bucks if you can name who sings this song" or "5 bucks if you can tell me the name of the original group" or "what movie did this song play in"...

You get the picture. I find myself doing this to Dylan now as we drive around, specially on road trips. YIKES! It annoys him just like it used to annoy my mother and I when my dad played this game. (Side note, it's true people. You do turn into your parents as you get older.)

I browsed my music collection to see how many of the songs I already had...quite a few...and then found other songs I would have used also in the film. So, I made my own American Hustle mix. I tried not to use any of the songs previously done in the soundtrack because... well... it was amazing just as is!! But... I have a tendency to hear my own versions of soundtracks and create them for movies I truly enjoy.

American Hustle... (Megan style)

1. Livin Thing - Electric Light Orchestra
2. Long Black Road - Electric Light Orchestra (This was used in the film, I know, but I am absolutely OBSESSED with this song right now. It has been on repeat in my car for at least a week now... )
3. Hold on, I'm coming - Sam and Dave
4. Sister Golden Hair - America
5. Domino - Van Morrison
6. Wild Night - Van Morrison
7. Superstition - Stevie Wonder
8. Express Yourself - Charles Wright
9. Long Cool Woman - Hollies
10. Don't you want somebody - Jefferson Airplane
11. Sympathy for the Devil - Rolling Stones
12. Love her Madly - Doors
13. It's a long way to the top - ACDC
14. Paint it Black - Rolling Stones
15. No Sugar/Mother Nature Medley - The Who (Another all time favorite)
16. Never been to Spain- 3 Dog Night
17. Right down the line- Gerry Rafferty
18. Point of no Return - Kansas
19. Reason - Head East (One of my top, favorite songs!!!!! This one goes on every single workout playlist I have.)

No comments:

Post a Comment