Monday, January 14, 2013

My little dog- a heartbeat at my feet

"If only I could have a puppy, I'd call myself so very lucky. Just to have some company... I'd take my puppy everywhere. La La La La I wouldn't care. We would stay away from crowds with signs that said No Dogs Allowed. Oh., I know he'd never bite me!
 
If only I could have a friend, who'd stick with me, unitl the end. And walk along beside the sea to share a bit of moon with me. I'd take my friend most everywhere. La La La La I wouldn't care. And we woud stay away from crowds, with signs that said No Friends Allowed.
 
Oh we! We'd be so happy to be together! If only I could have a puppy..."
 
This song by Harry Neilsson ran through my head Sunday morning as we took Goobz out for a walk/ play time along the walking trails at Hamilton Wolfe and Babcock. It is such a sweet, silly song from one of my all-time, possibly top five chick movies ever: YOU'VE GOT MAIL. Ah! Just writing the title makes me smile and want to watch it this minute. But that is for another post... :)
 
Dylan and I had spent a very enjoyable morning eating yummy Big Apple Bagels (minus the cream cheese and extra sweet stuff for. Dairy is out of the picture minus my gluten-free yogurt and ice cream) and decided afterwards that Goobz needed a good morning as well. So we bundled up and took him to the trails and just laughed and smiled as we watched this little guy run around like a crazy for a good 45 minutes.
 
 
We forgot a ball- whoops! Luckily, Goober likes to chase empty water bottles. He does not eat them or the plastic, no worries! But he loves to chase them around, particularly because they are slick and cause him to work harder at catching one. He growls at them and throws them around once he latches on to one. He wanted Dylan to throw it so he could run and catch it- was soo cute to watch them play together!
 
Dylan bundled up and Goober licking his lips ready to go! Love love love my boys!!

 
 The great pleasure of a dog is that you make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too!
-Samuel Butler-

 

No comments:

Post a Comment