Saturday, May 25, 2013

Graduation

Today was graduation for the dental students of 2013. We have quite a number of friends who became official Doctors of Dental Surgery today!! We attended the ceremony and the reception afterwards, and I could not help but look back on our own graduation experience 2 years ago today. I found myself smiling and getting all teary-eyed as our friends walked across the stage, finally seeing the culmination of 4 years worth of hard work. The students say it is surreal, and I tend to agree. Their president today talked about how it is so very hard to explain to someone exactly what dental school is like and how much work, both mentally and physically, is required for the task of becoming a dentist, and she is right. Even for us spouses.. we do not fully understand what they go through either. But! Every little frustrating moment is worth it in the end when they cross that stage!!
 
So here is a look back at Dylan's graduation. I give a huge shout out to everyone in the Carey clan who came to support Dylan, and to my own family who came as well. Neither Dylan nor I will ever be able to say 'thank you" enough for all of the love and support you guys gave to us those 4 years of school and on graduation day! Thanks for helping to make it happen and for sharing with us!! 

 
3 generations of Carey men...
 

Lots of love from the Careys, Millers and Days!!!
 



It's happening!!!! Dental student to Doctor in one minute!!
 


 Beyond,  beyond proud of my husband that day!!!
 


Thanks to Kate and Chris for sharing in the ceremony and reception!!! Glad you guys live in Texas now!!!
 

Nana Carey was a super proud G-ma today, let me tell ya!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment