Monday, February 4, 2013

Sick as a dog....

Does anyone even know what this phrase means? It just does not make sense to me!!! Goobz is never sick; minus the exception in April 2012 when the little guy threw up 8 times in a row, spewing vomit and blood all over the kitchen floor and giving his mother an absolute heart attack (he had a parasite), but other than that, he is fine. He is fine all the time. And my parents' dog, Normie, he was never sick either until he was old and it was his time to go Heaven. 

So why do people say that when you get sick? If you have the answer, please let me know because I have been laying in bed for the past 3 days trying to figure out exactly what that phrase means. I have been super sick and miserable for the past 5 days now. And the only phrase that made sense during this awful ordeal was "Sick as a dog." However, now that I am hopefully! cross fingers!! on the mend, it does not make sense anymore. 

January through March is Mountain Cedar season down in San Anton. Welp, of the 60 allergies I am allergic to in the lower 48 states, that happens to be one of the worst. After almost 6 years of living down here, I have finally figured this out and thought I was prepared for this year, gearing up on the meds, Vitamin C, extra water and sleep etc. Yah well, the joke was on me. I had been surviving in a less than desirable state of living for the past 2 weeks or so, but I had been surviving. Last Tuesday saw me coming home though and going straight to bed, repeating the cycle each night of the week. Thursday was one of those days from hell, for multiple reasons besides my illness which I will blog about later, and that was the tipping point. By Friday, whatever was plaguing my body was in raging force and there was just no stopping it at this point. 

Now, neither Dylan nor I are quite sure what all was/is wrong with me, but I am going to call it the "Combo Loco." At HEB, they have these Combo Loco deals where you buy something, and end up getting around 3 items for free. It is a package deal and usually has a theme. EX: You buy special brand of pasta, you get salad, bread and dessert for free. EX: You buy "x" amount of their hot dogs, you get buns, chips and cheese for free. You following? Good! 

So, I have this "Combo Loco" deal of Sinus Infection, receive the Flu and Bronchitis free! What a deal!!! NOT! They all just hit me like a Semi and completely mowed me over. I will not bore you nor gross you out with the nasty details, but suffice it to say, I moved from the bed to the couch in severe pain all over my body for 3 days, barely eating the Sprite and crackers Dylan pushed my way. Plus, does anybody know how many tissues are in a box of Kleenx?? I have literally used a box a day for the past few days and was just curious as to how many tissues I have gone through... :)

Today is Monday, and I have decided to join the land of the living. And I am exhausted and dreading the thought of going back to work tomorrow knowing I am not at 100 percent of my game. BUT, more importantly, I would like to thank God for my wonderful caretakers of this past week and weekend. Dylan is an excellent Dr; that license of his only backs up what I already knew about him. :) He has great bedside manner and is super patient with The Patient, who is not always agreeable. He took time out of his weekend off to check on me and be there for me, even if it was to hold me as I moaned in pain. He let me watch all my random, feel-good movies (I know he can't stand most of them!) and continued to tell me how much he loved me and how beautiful I was, even though I KNOW that was a lie. And GOOBZ!! Well, the little guy has not left my side. Now, this is normal to begin with, but he was over the top this weekend. He was always there for a warm, fuzzy hug when I needed it and gave smoochies willingly, without me even having to ask. I know that sounds gross, but let me tell ya, when your head and body are burning up that pink, cold little tongue and nose feel pretty darn good against your hot skin. He was also much calmer than normal- thank goodness!! Dylan does not handle his neediness real well. :) 

So as we move forward into the week, here is hoping I continue to get better and the allergies dissipate for the time being. I would really, REALLY like to eat food again!! I am over this whole not being able to taste my food, not being hungry business. The longer I am not able to eat food like a normal person, the more I crave it and think food is wonderful! Who would have thought eh?! This girl who feared food for most of her teenage and early adult life (yet another blog for another day) is craving it like nobody's business!! :) 

Ah well, life goes on. Here's to a healthy, restful first week of February! 

No comments:

Post a Comment