Thursday, April 18, 2013

"You and me baby go picking Wildflowers..."


Welcome to the Wildseed Wildflower Farm of Fredericksburg, Texas: one of the msot unique places in the USA you will ever visit tucked away in the gorgeous Hill Country of South Texas. It is the largest working wildflower farm in the United States, complete with a wholesale garden area, gift shop and small restaurant  with winery serving local cuisine from the Fredericksburg farms and local areas. They have some of THE BEST jams, salsas, spreads, fruit and cheeses ever! We always end up getting some kind of local food every time we come here, whether we actually need it or not! :)


The Wildseed Farm holds a special place in my heart because I used to meet one of my wonderful college girlfriends here after we both got married and moved to different places in TX. This was somewhat of middle ground for both of us, so for almost 4 years in a row, we met here once or twice a year to shop, smell, eat and catch up with each other. I looked forward to those get togethers with her for months in advance!


Fredericksburg itself is extremely special to me. Dylan proposed to me here... at Christmas. It was Christmas magic, plain and simple. So the town and everything it encompasses will always be somewhere I visit often because of the wonderful memories. My life changed here in Dec. 2007, in the best way possible. How could I not want to keep coming back?!


This year for my 27th birthday I wanted to come here during the spring to enjoy the wildflower show. We have had some really decent rain lately, so I knew all the flowers would be blooming and smell fabulous! As you can see, it was a beautiful, sunny South Texas Spring day!! My birthday week was a good one! Started out with my kiddos making me posters, bringing balloons and singing to me during class. The middle saw phonecalls and e-mails from friends and family who I had not heard from in a long while. And it ended with a perfect day in Fredericksburg among the wildflowers with my amazing husband!


 


Working on my future "modeling" skills... hahaha! What a laugh eh?! Nah, just having fun with the camera man!


Fredericksburg is also home to Ben Klein, seriously one of the most stand up guys I have ever had the privilege to meet. He and Dylan became fast buddies at ACU, and they were kind enough to include me in many of their shennanigans. I love the guy to death, even though he is a die-hard Longhorn man and likes to make my life miserable during football season. ;) He is married to a beautiful, fun, lovely wife and they have the cutest newborn boy!! Every time we visit Dylan and I always commnent on how we wished Ben and Bethany lived here so we could go see them. You don't realize how much those close friendships you had in college mean to you until those people are not in your life anymore. Plus, friends at ACU were just... priceless. You don't meet people like that on an every day basis. Good ole Abilene... :)

 
Happy Friday with a classic, beautiful yellow rose of Texas...


No comments:

Post a Comment